Service Technician at Huntsville Parc
Full Job Description
Immediate hire needed - sign on bonus being offered - join us!
Panther Residential Management, LLC
Huntsville, AL 35802
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
This position is primarily responsible for performing technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the
Company's standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
· Completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing ail maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
· Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re- ordering needs.
· Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
· Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
· Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
· May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
· Complies with Panther Residential Management safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
· Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
· Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk
management concerns, keep the property in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the property to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Internet Software; Word
Processing Software (Word) and Electronic Mail Software (Outlook).
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and complying with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
· Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
· Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
· Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
· Incumbents must have Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling.
· Incumbents must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
· Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
· Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
· Must be able to travel as rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities or this position.
· Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes taking "call" during evenings, weekends and holidays.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must work both inside and outside of apartment buildings and in all areas of the property, including amenities.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Our employees health is important to us; PRM has created specific COVID-19 policy and protocol to keep our team members safe.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.