The Regional Leasing Specialist is primarily responsible for taking special roles in the leasing function of an assigned region or regions. The Regional Leasing Specialist will perform traditional leasing duties including but not limited to, conducting prospect tours, using sales closing methods to sell the prospective resident on the MAA property, completing application and lease file paperwork, securing renewals and responding to resident needs. This position is based on-site and may rotate among one or more properties at the direction of the Senior Vice President. The Regional Leasing Specialist trains and mentors new Leasing Consultants and other property personnel, conducts periodic training and discussion with Leasing Consultants regarding pertinent issues. The Regional Leasing Specialist must be willing to work weekends and rotate between multiple properties for varying lengths of time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works at an apartment property, in the role of a Leasing Consultant or a similar role; Rents apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents. Works to lower resident turnover.
• Performs the work of Leasing Consultants at properties where needed due to vacancies of regular Leasing Consultants or identified as a priority based on performance.
• Performs leasing duties for special needs as directed by the RVP or SVP.
• Welcomes new Leasing Consultants when first hired, typically by visiting them and assisting with any initial needs.
• Conducts periodic on boarding training for new Leasing Consultants in a classroom setting.
• Serves as a mentor for one or more Leasing Consultants during a specified transition period.
• Conducts a thorough consultation with Leasing Consultants regarding the results of Mystery Shops conducted with the Leasing Consultant as the subject. These are typically done as a follow-up to on-boarding training; consults with leasing personnel for all subsequent Mystery Shops.
• Provides support to Leasing Consultants as needed for performance training. This training may be in person, through web conferencing, and/or conference call support.
• Previews and provides feedback on strategic initiatives training prior to roll-outs to the entire company.
• Provides general guidance to associates in their region and provides feedback of common questions and concerns to corporate stakeholders.
• Conducts “best practices” webinars on a variety of leasing topics as assigned.
• Ensures that training requirements are completed by leasing personnel by contacting them when any component is sixty or more days overdue.
• Performs various marketing tasks as requested by divisional Sales and Marketing Director
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Above average ability to communicate with clients and with co-workers both verbally and in writing
• Basic personal computer skills and ability to learn specialized software
• Skill to convince prospective residents of the advantages of living at a community by sales closing methods
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing responsibilities
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekends and some holidays as required and at different locations
• Ability to travel
• Ability to learn and comply with industry legal requirements, especially related to federal and local Fair Housing Laws
• Skills to effectively train other associates through a variety of means
• Ability to travel off-site for training courses and outside marketing
• High School diploma or equivalent and four years of full-time, successful apartment leasing or sales experience. Equivalent experience may be considered. Basic personal computer skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license or means of immediate transportation and ability to get to meetings, events, and daily activities.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or related. Experience in training delivery methods.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace